Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Current Sketchbook


This is the first item in my current sketchbook. It was done in my new classroom on the first day of school last August (30th). It's a plaster cast of a skull. The elephant was done at a meeting later that day. 

As I worked through this book I began treating it differently, making it a collection of two-page spreads, meaning all the drawings are done on the backs of all the other drawings (what they call "recto" and "verso.") This means essentially that the book now has to stay together as a single one-of-a-kind object.

You'll see in a few entries. If anybody sticks with me that long.






































The elephant in the library. Made from wood cutouts by our Tech teachers, Matt Lugo and Rich DeVito.


















No comments:

Post a Comment